Versatile Blogger Award
I have been nominated by not one but TWO fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blog Award. A big thank you goes out to D. Bryant Simmons and Stephanie at The Anxiety of Authorship for honoring me with the Versatile Blogger Award. I accept this award graciously :) I have been lucky enough in the few months since Mookology has first launched to receive nominations for several blogger awards. The recognition is much appreciated and I hope you all continue to read!
As always, there are a few rules I am obliged to follow. First, thank & link back to the person who nominated you (see above). Next, I’m to share seven things about myself. I had to do something similar when I received the Kreativ Blogger Award so here are seven totally different facts about me…
- I’m short. Like 5’1″ kinda short.
- I paint my nails about two or three times a week. My hands feel naked without polish.
- I have two dogs and a beta fish.
- My favorite TV Show is True Blood (although season 5 isn’t too great)… some close runners up are Game of Thrones, Homeland, and Shameless.
- I have a HUGE crush on Hunter Parrish AKA Silas Botwin on Weeds. Sooo dreamy.
- In the future I would love to learn more about professional photography.
- Rainbows make me smile :)
The third responsibility in accepting this award is to name 15 other bloggers deserving of this award. While I intend to award a full 15 bloggers with this lovely recognition, for now I am going to post whoever comes to mind first and add the rest later. I like reading blogs on all topics, but mostly ones about books, crafts, and music so definitely check out these blogs below:
Reflections of a Book Addict
Amanda Loves Movies
Glitter N Glue
The Unbearable Lightness of Being Me
Yet again, Mookology has been honored with another award. I hope my gratitude radiates from this computer screen and out to all my lovely readers. Without my followers Mookology would not be a success and I am forever grateful for all of you!
Kreativ Blogger Award
My third blog award has been given to me by armchairauthor over at Ink. Funnily enough, I had awarded Ink the Sunshine Award last week and received this fantastic reward in return :) If you haven’t already, definitely check Ink out – it is an awesome blog with tons of great reviews and goodies. Upon receiving this award, I am supposed to tell you guys ten things you probably didn’t know about me. Here we go…
- I can speed read.
- I paint my nails 3-4 times a week. It is a problem.
- My best friend has been my best friend since we were 6 months old. We are now both 23.
- I love to bake cupcakes
- I am terrified of spiders.
- I’ve never been stung by a bee.
- I can’t burp (trust me, I have tried everything, it is impossible)
- Music is my escape from reality.
- I have 3 tattoos… and counting.
- Hanson has been one of my favorite bands since I was 8 years old, and I am proud of it!
Now that you know a little bit more about me, here are some of my favorite blogs which I have nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award: Stay Writing Art, Fandango Groovers, Cupcake Crusaders, Flickers of Wonder, The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say “Shhh”, Earl’s World, Cresci Reviews, Love Your Movies, Book It, and Fay Hearts! ♥.
Check ’em all out! Thanks again for all of your support – keep reading and come back this week for some new Mook reviews :)
Words can hardly express how grateful I am to receive a second blog award! It is with immense happiness that I thank Write, Wrong, and Everything InBetween Reviews for honoring Mookology with the Sunshine Award. It is also my birthday today, which makes this blog posting extra special :)
To put it simply, the Sunshine Award goes to those special blogs out there who just make others happy with their posting. As a writer, this is one of the best gifts I could ever receive. To make someone smile through my writing is a wonderful accomplishment, and one of my main intentions in what I do. Here are the rules of this lovely award:
After posting the award picture and thanking the blogger that nominated you, you must answer a few funny questions and nominate 10 more blogs for the Sunshine Award. Here are my answers:
- Favorite color: Yellow :) It is bright and happy and reminds me of Spring, which is my favorite season!
- Favorite animal: The red panda! This species is incredibly adorable and also very endangered :/ I also absolutely LOVE big cats, especially tigers and leopards. This is a hard question for me since I love all animals and hope to work with them some day in my future.
- Favorite number: 4 and 2.
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Arizona Iced Tea and Coffee.
- Facebook or Twitter: They are both great for different things. I use Twitter more for my followers and Facebook for my friends.
- My passion: Writing, music, and cupcakes – in that order!
- Prefer Giving or Getting presents: Giving! I am the worst present giver ever because when I get something for someone I know they will truly love I get very anxious to give it to them. Receiving presents isn’t bad either, though ;)
- Favorite pattern: I love paisley and stripes.
- Favorite day of the week: Wednesday aka: Humpday. It means the week is halfway over!
- Favorite flower: Sunflowers and Daffodils.
The following 10 blogs are my nominees for the Sunshine Award, and you should all check them out!
- The Reading Itch
- Glorious Treats
- The Bitchin’ Kitchin’
- Indie Rock Cafe
- Sugar Derby
- Eat, Sleep, Television
- Ashley’s Homemade Adventures
A big thank you goes out to Alicia at Why We Yell for granting Mookology the Liebster Blog award! This award is given to interesting, up-and-coming bloggers striving for success. I am very thankful and accept this award graciously!
There are a few ground rules involving the Liebster Blog Award. First, you must thank the blogger who nominated you along with a link back to their site. Next, you must paste the award on your blog. Finally, you should pass the award along to other deserving bloggers.
Mookology would like to grant the Liebster Blog Award to:
- The Anxiety of Authorship– Stephanie and I have been friends for some time and her blog posts are thought provoking and clever. Each of her posts are well thought-out and meaningful, giving her readers a glimpse into her life and personality. Not to mention, she is a fantastic published writer!
- The Place to Zone Out– My dear friend Tom is witty and his posts are exactly as his blog describes; a place to zone out. He touches upon the mundane existences of everyday life combined with interesting thoughts and life anecdotes.
- The World According to Cheese– No one loves cheese more than Anna does and The World According to Cheese is filled with ridiculously interesting information on this favorable dairy product. She even tried the delicacy Casu Marzu, a maggot-filled cheese. Talk about determination!
- The Food Crawl– My Aunt Lorraine makes some of the best food I’ve ever tasted and her blog makes me drool instantly. In her own words, the definition of her blog is “Food crawl (n). a multi-stop investigation of the best restaurants, meals, or specific item on the menu. Food crawls may last a few or much longer depending on the type of crawl.”
- Such a Book Nerd – Now this is a blog that truly deserves some attention and it is presented for all you closet book nerds out there. Get reading this blog and reading some books!
And there you have it! Congratulations recipients, enjoy :)